Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deadwood South Dakota

My Aunt Edna passed away on Monday August 10th at 5:30 PM. I held her hand for her last several hours which were not passed in peace and quiet I am sorry to say. But she was a tough old gal by nature and managed ok I guess. As she took her last breaths her eyes opened widely and she starred directly into my eyes where we held each others gaze. With Edna's firey blue eyes this was the ultimate last goodbye and I will never forget it.

Since Edna's death we have been taking care of her estate(s) and Grave Side Ceremony. She left us with explicit instructions and I am happy to report that we will be able to comply with the majority of her requests.

The service is Saturday at Oakridge Cemetary in Deadwood. Following that we will head west. My brother Randy will fly out of Salt Lake on Sunday, the remaining three of us will hope to be in sometime Monday afternoon. I need to get Destiny greased tomorrow before her final road trip at least for this summer. I can't believe summer is officially over. Waaaaaaaaa! I feel like I need a relaxing month to suppliment my highly active past 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment