Thursday, August 13, 2009

Warped Tour Denver

After I posted last, I went down to the main stage area to meet up with Alec and Lizzi for the Less Than Jake set. Over the course of the month they became one of my favorite acts of Warped Tour.

We were standing up in the VIP tent, oddly as the only ones up there, enjoying the show when the lead singer dared me to crowd surf to the stage. You know me, I can't back down from a dare, so crowd surf I did! It was a blast! I was hoisted soundly up off my feet and passed from willing hand to willing hand while the band played on. When I got to the front, the security guard cradled me in his arms and gently let me down. I thought my ride was over but no, the band wanted me on stage to receive my beer, a reward for my willingness to participate in the theater. So the security guards lifted me up on stage where I enjoyed dancing wildly in front of maybe 2K avid Less Than Jake Fans. It was pretty amazing. I was then offered my Pabst Blue Ribbon "beer" which I deemed "swill" by Ca Microbrew standards. I had to do it. I opened up the can and rather than drink it proceeded to spray (mostly theater, not too much liquid) the band members. I made a slightly sticky mess but it was pretty fun. I stayed on stage until the end of their set dancing and enjoying every second of it. What a once in a life time experience!

Of course Alec and Liz were back in the tent filming the whole thing while texting Jim to say that "mommy is crowd surfing". In fact the lead singer noticed Alec texting her dad (he assumed correctly) and made a point of teasing her about it. It was pretty fun.

I can say with pride that I accomplished my goal of embarrising my daughters twice with flying colors. Once with the breast casting and then topped it with the crowd surfing. Good Times!

I haven't had time to check but apparently there are u-tubes of my journey from VIP tent to stage. Look for the bright pink crocks.

2 comments:

  1. That was so cool of them! haha i was front row when you crowd surfed over that was so funny it shows that Less Then Jake has a good sense of humor and like to have fun during their shows which is pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle: Thanks for the comment on my Crowd Surfing extravaganza! Don't you miss the tour? I do more than I would care to admit! MLH

    ReplyDelete